Supply house screw ups.

We have four supply houses around town. One we won't use, one takes forever ever to fill an order (I've actually called in an order at noon for 9am the next day knowing I wouldn't be there until at least 10 and still had to wait an hour), one that's good but very expensive, and one that has really good prices and usually no line. So we use the latter.

Anymore we break open the boxes to make sure they filled it correctly. Same for when we get a delivery. We ask for 25 compression angle stops and we get sweat. Ask for 45s and get 22s, just as examples. Not to mention "It'll be here by Thursday for Friday's job" and whatever it is, no show. We've lost time and money because of them.

Yesterday we started an 11 unit finish. I count 11 stools, seats, 22 traps, 22 kitchen sinks, faucets..... everything seemed to be there. Counter guy took all kinds of pride! "I palletized the order myself!"

After everything is staged I have extra boxes. 17 extra Moen with spray, 22 extra angle stops, an extra wax, and one extra of something else. Well at least we had what we needed. Nope.

Lavs are 1 1/4, probably our fault. The GC ordered manufacturered home counter tops, three inches at the back needs to be removed or order the right size sinks. All are unboxed, so can't return them. $109 for the right size, but the minimum order for our supply house is $3k. GC didn't want to cut the top because it'd be too close to the back splash. So we called our carpenter, he swung by. Thankfully he can. Best work I've ever seen was done by him! Lav faucets are BN instead of chrome like our tub trim and remod plates, GC said he was fine with that, he'll just trim everything else in BN. Job was bid for chrome, supply house billed us for chrome. All faucets were unboxed.

Today was the commercial heater, 4 more stools and a lav that we couldn't get to yesterday. After yesterday's bumps in the road I wasn't looking forward to the heater, getting down the stairs anyway. We bought the heater from the more expensive supply house because it was actually cheaper and the driver helped us get it down. Only thing that didn't go right was me tripping over a rock in the not so decorative plant while we were walking it off the pallet. When I landed on my ass I looked up and the heater was leaning my way. My Master said "I didn't know you could move that fast!" Of course I returned with "I didn't want to become a broken dick like you slipping off the back of the truck! I'm smarter than that!" Two weeks to the day, this last Tuesday he came back to work and has over done it every day, that's his style, but does back down and asks me to take over more and more.

Other than barking orders, measurements and fittings. I did the install. Even said using that street makes it look like ****! What do you mean? This 1-1/4 is at this angle. Just cut it! Come on, let's go! Ok.

Got the bottom 90, 1-1/2x1-1/4 and 45 sweated, finally walks over to where I had been standing and said, yeah that does look like ****. Fix it.

Done by 11:30 with plenty of time to empty out the truck to get the new one tomorrow.

This job was going good, had a good feelings about this new GC at the beginning, not so sure now.

Supply house continues to be a **** show.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: 40D6453F-8FCB-4763-B265-2EEE0B119F8F.JPG Views: N/A Size: 2.01 MB ID: 100593  

Click image for larger version Name: E4FEB14A-EDDC-40DA-B9A3-BEF5B966DDC9.JPG Views: N/A Size: 2.16 MB ID: 100601  

Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments