Need thoughts and suggestions on Jobs

A little backstory.
First Im sorry if im not allowed, I was really hoping for some insight from other professionals.

-My grandfather was a plumber (Self employed)-Residential Service
My father is a plumber (Self employed)-Residential service
I worked with my father through high school (maybe 400-600 hours total)
I'm currently a Chef, graduated as an apprentice and in a kitchen for 10 years( I make decent money and really like cooking, but Im tired of all the baggage that comes with it. Mostly the stress on me and lazy attitudes on 90% of those around me.

-Im in Missouri and from what I understand I need to be a journeyman or Master to be competent and successful in the business. My father is a to a point in his career where he cant give me more than 20-30 hours of work because he is semi-retired.

-Where should I go to look for work as an apprentice, I believe that is also required in Columbia, Missouri, correct me if Im wrong.

The only place I have seen that is actively looking for apprentices is Mr.Rooter.

-Relocation is out of the question.
-10 year goal would be self employed or buy/co-own fathers business.

Again, I'm sorry if my post isnt allowed since im not currently a paid professional, but I need some other thoughts on where to start.

Thanks!
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments