Really bad day. Master might be out of business for awhile.

I guess I can start on Friday. He was heading up north Friday morning and we noticed the front end of the cube was acting strange, so we dropped it off at our mechanic Thursday after work.

Friday he heard from the mechanic, $4500 because an e550 is such a rare truck. We also need glow plugs and injectors, which I guess is a big job on a 7.3. So he started looking around for a new truck.

Saturday he came down with some nasty flu or something. Got home Sunday night and called me Monday morning as I was going to pick him up to get the cube. He called in sick.

So this morning I dropped off my truck and picked his up because he had no balance due. So our first job was two rentals for one of our LL's and replaced a hose bib at his personal house. First one had to be rescheduled, second one was easy. At the LL's house it was a late 70's Mansfield hose bib and the flange had been covered with a rock siding. So we decided to see if we could rebuild it. I pulled the stem out and he hopped into the truck, grabbed the parts bin and went to hop down. He slipped on the wet floor and step and landed on his left hip and shoulder.

He's in his late 50's, so he's no longer made of rubber. He has almost normal range of movement, but can put very little weight on that side.... but we all know he's not hurting as much as he will. So he dropped me off at my house so I can jump in my work truck to do a job.

I'm really worried about him. The truck is a financial issue that is just inconvenient, if he cracked a hip or something, that's not good. He's a tough old *******! When he burned his hand with the double touch this summer it hardly effected him and he not one time whined or *****ed about it!
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments