Plumbers Specialty Tools

Hello,
I am new to forum. I have a quick question: I work in a school system that has to pay Prevailing Wage due to state laws. (New Jersey). I was recently denied PW for replacing a commercial sink faucet. It was an 8" spread with swing spout. I replaced faucet with normal plumbers tools (pipe wrench, pliers, tape thread and map gas to loosen a stubborn nut). The job was completed and no leaks all in working order. When asked why I was denied PW for completing job I was told because I did not use "Specialty Tools" :blink:My response was I used "plumbers tools". That was not good enough. I then asked what is considered a "specialty tool"? The response was " electric snake". At which case MAYBE if I was clearing a clogged drain would have a little sense to me. My question is, what is a specialty tool when replacing a faucet? It was not soldered mind you. So for the life of my cannot figure out what I am missing. Thanks in advance for and all answers. :thumbsup:
Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247361 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments